After exploring Jerome State Park and the Douglas Mansion,
we ate lunch at the Haunted Hamburger with a fantastic view,
and walked through the old copper mining town.
We drove back to Prescott to have dinner at the new home of George and Debra.
The last full day was filled with the beautiful scenery of Sedona and a visit to Camp Verde to see Montezuma Castle and our friends Rick and Nancy.
These are statues of javelinas, wild pigs, at the Red Rock Ranger Station near Sedona, which have adapted to the Sonoran Desert of Arizona
The Chapel of the Holy Cross is a Roman Catholic chapel built from 1954 to 1956 into the red rock buttes of Sedona, Arizona, within the Coconino National Forest.
The chapel was inspired and commissioned by local rancher and sculptor Marguerite Brunswig Staude, who had been inspired in 1932 by the newly constructed Empire State Building to build such a church After an attempt to do so in Budapest, Hungary – with the help of Lloyd Wright, son of architect Frank Lloyd Wright – was abandoned due to the outbreak of World War II, she decided to build the church in her native region. It was designed by August K. Strotz of the firm of Anshen & Allen, with Richard Hein of the firm as the project architect.